Before your appointment - it isn't always necessary to pre-treat your ears, however, unless advised otherwise, we recommend 2 doses of olive oil in the 24 hours before your appointment.
- You will be greeted by the nurse and taken into the clinic room.
- After confirming your details the nurse will then discuss your ear problem with you.
- The treatment starts by using the Microscope and a small ear speculum to examine the ear.
- Gentle suction will be applied to clear the ear, this can be slightly noisy.
- Depending on your individual needs, other fine medical instruments may be used.
- When your treatment is complete you can discuss your ear health with the nurse and she may issue you with a prescription if required.
- With your permission a letter summarising the consultation will be sent to your General Practitioner.
- Occasionally a follow up appointment may be recommended, this is assessed on an individual basis but is rarely necessary.